10 slices of bread
4 large eggs beaten
100g caster sugar
vanilla extract few drops
200g sultanas or other fruits
150g butter or marge
half cup milk
1) Set the oven to 200oc
2) Butter a medium oven proof dish and butter both sides of the bread slices.
3) Mix the sugar, milk and vanilla with the eggs and beat well to dissolve the sugar.
4) On to the bottom of the oven proof dish put down one layer of bread then sprinkle over some of the sultanas then repeat the process up the dish until all the bread has been used.
5) Pour the egg mixture over the layered bread and cover with tin foil and bake for around 25 – 30 minutes.
6) To test the pudding it should be golden brown and quite firm all the way through with no uncooked egg present.
7) Cook for the last 5 minutes with the foil off to get a crispy topping.
Serve hot with lashings of custard.
Remember recipes are only a guide feel free to add whatever left over fruit you have to make a posh nosh.
For that bit more more of a luxury taste add a generous splash of baileys.